Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is one meant to dance to this?

Betty & The Werewolves – David Cassidy
Cola Jet Set – Suena El Telefono
Morrisey – I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
BMX Bandits – Disco Girl
Rachel Goswell – Coastline (Ulrich Schnauss Instrumental Mix)
Radio Dept – Freddie & The Trojan Horse
The Metric Mile – Codebreaking
God Help The Girl – Funny Little Frog
The Wild Swans =- English Electric Lightning
East Village – Here It Comes
Remember Fun – Train Journeys
The Besties – The Bone Valley Deposit
Rose Elinor Dougall – Start/Stop/Synchro
Harper Lee – Train Not Stopping
Town Bike – Dougie
The Lucksmiths – T-Shirt Weather
The Lovely Eggs – Have You Ever Heard A Digital Accordian?
The Mary Onettes – Dare
La Caza Azul – Deberia Plantearme Cambiar
The School – All I Wanna Do
Mo Tucker – To Know Him Is To Love Him
The Parachute Men – If I Could Wear Your Jacket
Bye! – No Baby Don’t
Northern Portarit – A Quiet Night In Copenhagen
BMX Bandits – I Wanna Fall In Love
Prolapse – Autocade
Hong Kong In The 60’s – Footseps
That Petrol Emotion – Big Decision
Kicker – Since You Left
Kitchens Of Distinction – The 3rd Time We Opened The Capsule
Dinosaur Jr – Pieces
Talulah Gosh – Beatnik Boy
Pink Military Stand Alone – Did You See Her?
Yeah Yeah Noh – Bias Binding
The Manhattan Love Suicides – Don’t Leave Me Dying
Nirvana – Love Buzz
The Ramones – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
Liechtenstein – Postcard
BMX Bandits – e102
DJ Liebowitz – Holiday In Cambodia
The Manhattan Love Suicides – Kessler Syndrome
Cats On Fire – Tears In Your Cup
The Pete Green Corporate Juggernaut – Hey Dr Beeching
The Damned – New Rose
Speedmarket Avenue – Way Better Now
The Groove Farm – I Couldn’t Get To Sleep Last Night
The Clouds – Get Out Of My Dream
Nico – I’m Not Saying
Help Stamp Out Loneliness – Pacific Trash Vortex
Primal Scream – Velocity Girl
The Manhattan Love Suicides – Heat & Panic
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart – Young Adult Friction
Teenage Fanclub – Starsign
Joy Division – Disorder
Magazine – I Love You, You Big Dummy
Crystal Stilts – Love Is A Wave
The Kinks – I Need You
The Kingsmen – Louie Louie
Razorcuts – Big Pink Cake
The Sparkles – No Friend Of Mine
Jackie Wilson – (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher
Felt – Penelope Tree
The June Brides – In The Rain
Wire – Mannequin
Joy Division – She’s Lost Control
Echo & The Bunnymen – The Cutter
The Manhattan Love Suicides – Kick It Back
Josef K – Sorry For Laughing
The Fall – Victoria
Butcher Boy – Profit In Your Poetry
God Help The Girl – Perfection As A Hipster
The Concretes – Seems Fine
The Vaselines – Son Of A Gun
McCarthy – The Well Of Loneliness
Belle and Sebastian – The Boy With The Arab Strap
The Magnetic Fields – Too Drunk To Dream
Camera Obscura – Let’s Get Out Of This Country
Hefner – Painting And Kissing
Pixies – Debaser
Gang of Four – I Love A Man In A Uniform
New Order – Blue Monday
The Wave Pictures – Leave The Scene Behind
Pocketbooks – Fleeting Moments
The Smiths – William, It Was Really Nothing
Jens Lekman – You Are The Light (By Which I Travel Into This And That)
Cats On Fire – Draw In The Reins
Helen Love – Beat Him Up
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – This Love Is Fucking Right!
Orange Juice – Rip It Up
Belle and Sebastian – Get Me Away From Here, I’m Dying


The last one would have my toes tapping most especially! The night is called Scared to Dance I had assumed it was ironic but apparently not. I don't think I understand English club nights. Would it not be best to have everyone issued a pair of headphones and have accessible jacks at their tables and they could listen and admire the DJ's awesome taste in music? Who knows. I never leave my house.

Update: And now, having received enlightening emails, I can share in the knowledge that this is more the soundtrack to a night out with like minded souls. Ah. Still don't understand why you would play the same band twice. Requests? And why would you play Felt at all? Self-flagellates in attendance?

1 comment:

david1082 said...

If it was disco night at the mental asylum then people might dance.

"I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
"Disorder"
"She's Lost Control"

The lack of extreme death-metal is disappointing, but you can't have everything I suppose. Good to see Helen Love's "Shifty Disco Girl" making a non-appearance.