Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 in review. Fonda 500 released an album. I've completely forgotten about it. I should listen to it sometime. I think of the same person every single day, every hour, minute. I don't recommend it. It isn't myself although by tone of entries you might have considered that possibility. Ah Pas/Cal. Ready to taste a thousand joys, the too transported hapless swain found the vast pleasure turned to pain; pleasure which too much love destroys. Or some such. Regina is really very clever. I don't mind the Pains of Being Pure at Heart after all, it is an allergy to the prevailing opinion, I am taking injections. It's lonely being wrong all of the time. I received one Christmas card but my beam was sickeningly overdone. Three people love Flann O'Brien because of me, success. I woke up one day and it was 17 degrees below zero. Pretty things-Hauschka, Auburn Lull, Ballboy, Beach House in concert, July Skies, Midori Hirano, Library Tapes, Mogil, Old Splendifolia, RockettotheSky, Devotchka, Ruby Suns, Las Escarlatinas, Sin Fang Bous, Vapnet, Tenniscoats. No new love. No new automobile. Same old apartment. I thought I had a home but they turned on me at the final moment in a misjudged grasp. I was fortunate. This year. Klima should release a new record soon, how exciting! Frida Hyvonen is the artist of the year, her voice almost operatic, listening to it in an endless sea of indifference is startling Most listened to album of the year? Moto Boy, second-various things from Stars. Pages written this year, 153. Only 18 in the past 4 months. When is a novel complete? I've determined that I need to acquire style this season. Wear my inside on my outside. I strive to learn the rules of grammar. In Flann O'Brien's place will be Graeme Downes. Or the Starlets. Beauty under rocks unturned. The School v. Camera Obscura in 2009. I didn't receive a raise. I worked 170 out of a possible 173 days. I'll likely do the same this year, exhaustion attenuates disappointment. I gained a stomach muscle. I lost a year. Next belongs to the 10000 Maniacs.

No comments: