Friday, March 27, 2009

My Darling You! A.K. Art Frantic! It is Plastic Mastery meets Hefner? I haven't listened to the lyrics much, their playing and singings dazzle with passion. Dissonance, shabbiness, probably no fashion sense, probably silly hair, proabably nice parents. I like the racing piano and pounding drums. It sounds primitive, exploded from the chest, end of race breathlessness. Excellent. Second song. Very Hefner, I think, maybe. Less emo-girl wearing a sweater whiny, he has an "I'm not a boy not quite a man" voice. They have a cascading tendency in their songwriting, things build rather than evolve, things turn messy and thrilling and fiery. Is he Decemberists-ish? No, I refuse to belive that. The local "indie" station plays the Decemberists every other hour. It's strangely mediocre. They also play Debaser which is strangely astonishing. Did you live in a city where Debaser was played on the radio regularly? I did not. I suppose I could have heard it on CBC. After a John Prine song. Possibly. I think they are more Plastic Mastery than Hefner. I miss Plastic Mastery. Do you? You should. Florida's finest ever soldiers of emo. The flurry of emotionalism and cacophonous delectability are all very PM. Are they related? This sounds English. Is it English? I could look it up. I will. There's a bit of Libertines romantic punk rock hedonism in it but the lyrics don't seem as fashionable. Racing now, all sorts of ugly voices, it's beautiful! Aieee they are Swedish! This does not sound Swedish. Not at all. Are they really Swedish? No way. They do have terrible hair. It is slight Colin Annoying in the voice. The other EP is a dance ep. They look like American Frat dudes. Like ex-members of All American Rejects. Strange. i really enjoy this ep. It's got an intensity about it that is lacking from most other records this year, maybe it just feels close, as if it was recorded inside a tiny room in a large house on a very warm summer evening after midnight after the milk has been flowing for hours and the Risk boards is bowed from the humidity. This is a drone. A plesant drone, an acoustic drone with keyboard and drums. Nice. When they release an album it should be a public holiday.

Update: Oh, is there already an album?

Update 2: The album appears to be a compilation of eps. It's good. Kleenex Girl Wonder memories in the notes? In the good old Sexual Harassment days. Sorta.

No comments: